Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tell a Story Blog Hop



Hello and welcome to Tell A Story Blog Hop!  The participants in the blog hop will a post either a short story, flash fiction storyor a piece of their writing journey. 

For a grand prize we are giving away a $30.00 Amazon gift card!!!  All you have to do is hop through each blog site by clicking on the picture above, leave a comment with your email address, and be entered to win!  The more sites you visit the more chances you have to win!

As a special treat I am offering one lucky commenter a $5.00 Amazon gift card!!  Just leave me a comment with your EMAIL address and I will draw one random commenter at the end of the blog hop. 

My offering is a snippet from The Cowboy's Baby.  It's a cut scene. 
A tall brunette wearing western wear and a belt buckle the size of Texas stopped by their table.  “Tanner?  I thought that was you.”  She leaned over and kissed his cheek.  “What are you doing in town?”
            He let go of Cat’s hand to hug the other woman.  “Reva.  Hi.  I had an errand to run.  This is just a quick dash over the mountain.”
            She grimaced.  “Have you looked outside?  It’s dropping snowballs the size of baseballs.  I don’t think you’re going to make it over the pass tonight.”
            He glanced at Cat.  “We planned to stay.”
            Reva’s frown was fleeting.  Just a shadow over her lovely features.  “That’s great.” 
            Tanner indicated Cat.  “This is Cathleen O’Brien.  Cat, my friend, Reva Martin.  She shows working cow horses, too.”
            The two women briefly shook hands. 
             “Nice to meet you.”  Cat studied the other woman, and couldn’t help wondering if she and Tanner were more than friends.  About his age, with horses in common, they probably had been lovers.  None of her business.  
             “Do you show, too?” Brenda asked.  Her eyes burned with curiosity. 
             “No.” 
             “Too bad.  There’s nothing like it,” Brenda said, her interest in Cat disappearing.  She turned to Tanner.  “That reminds me, Sun Bar Kid is doing really well.  I’m going to enter him in the Stock Show.  Are you bringing anything?”
            Cat tuned them out as they talked horses.  Her mind was on the upcoming evening.  Although she was certain Tanner would get them separate rooms, she couldn’t help but shiver thinking of being alone in a hotel with him. 
             “Nice meeting you,” Brenda said.  She moved away with a friendly wave.
             “Nice lady,” Cat told Tanner.
             “A good friend,” he agreed.  “And a super horsewoman.”
            A friend?  Why had he clarified?  His relationships with other women were none of her business.  They had no future.  

This is my very first blog hop.  I want to thank Allison for hosting it.  Please leave me a comment.  And don't forget to hop for a chance to win a $30 giftcard. 
         .
           


54 comments:

  1. I love your snippet and the characters names. This sounds great D'Ann.

    ebonysbbwnikki@yahoo.com
    nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, D'Ann--you're way ahead of me; I forgot to offer a prize! Hope you get lots of visitors and comments. Your blog looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! I appreciate you doing this today.

      Delete
  3. Too bad you cut it, I loved it! Wanna read more of this one, please!
    jennyrlowery@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! Hopefully one of these days it might find a home.

      Delete
  4. Great excerpt, D'Ann - hope this one finds a home (soon!) so I can read the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristi! One of these days, I hope.

      Delete
  5. I love your writing, D'Ann! Have fun hopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for setting this up, Allie. It's been fun.

      Delete
  6. That's a fun scene. I want to know if he does get separate rooms. Hmm... Thanks for sharing. Happy hopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casea~ they do not. But you knew that, right? hehehehehe

      Delete
  7. If you cut this - then the rest must be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Daryl, what a nice compliment. Thank you.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jerri. I appreciate that.

      Delete
  9. Fun excerpt! Can't wait to read more.
    Hugs,
    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I agree...great snippet. Want to know more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. That's nice of you to say.

      Delete
  12. Great snippet! So glad you shared this cut scene with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet scene! I'd be thinking the exact same thing Cat is thinking, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh...sounds like Cat is doing her best to convince herself of something.

    sherifredricks @ charter .net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your excerpt! This is a good story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shawn. I had great CPs on this story.

      Delete
  16. I love it, D'Ann. And I like how you used my name, hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda! You caught that, huh?

      Delete
  17. Loved it D'Ann...hard to believe you cut that awesome scene....but I know sometimes you have to.

    Congrats on your first blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I appreciate you coming by.

      Delete
  18. Nice excerpt, D'Ann! Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very good excerpt! Now im curious, is Reva a friend or a 'friend'? :D Thank you for the great giveaway and the fun hop!! Have a great weekend! ;)
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! Reva is a friend.

      Delete
  20. Nice excerpt. I feel the same way as Shadow. IS Reva a friend or a FRIEND?
    Thank you for the chance to win!
    reneebennett35(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. OOHH! What kind of "friend" is Reva?!? I must know!! I loved it!
    Mel
    bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! Reva's a friend!

      Delete
  22. This is one of my favorite stories... I can't wait to buy it someday....

    Flowerlady_23@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, D'Ann, very ambitious! But obviously good publicity.

    ReplyDelete
  24. They must get caught in the snowstorm and guess what happens 9 months later? Just a guess due to the title...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. You'll have to read the book someday to find out whose baby it is!

      Delete
  25. Nice scene and characters. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
    June
    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great excerpt! Thanks for sharing!!
    autumnjlake@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete