Thursday, February 14, 2013

A visit with Sharon Cullen



Happy day after Valentine’s Day! I hope everyone had a great day with lots of chocolate that doesn’t stick to your hips (I feel like chocolate, given out of love, should not have calories. What do you think?)

 

I’m not a big one to celebrate Valentine’s Day. I mean, I love to get presents, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t have to get a present on this particular day.

 

The best Valentine’s Day gift for me would be if my husband took me out to dinner—and it doesn’t have to be a fancy restaurant, just our favorite hangout would be wonderful—then set me loose in a bookstore so I could browse for hours. At the end of our “date” I would pick a book to buy.

 

That’s it. A cheap date, that’s me. In fact, my husband and I have recreated these types of dates on almost every one of our anniversaries.

 

So what would be the ideal Valentine gift for you? And what did you get this Valentine’s Day?

 

BIO:


After earning a degree in journalism from Ohio University, Sharon found the stories inside her head were more interesting than what was going on in the world around her. Yet, it wasn’t until years later that she decided to pursue her secret dream of writing a romance novel. Since then she’s been published in romantic suspense, paranormal romance and contemporary romance and historical romance.

 

Sharon’s other job descriptions include chauffer, laundress, cook and mediator to her three very busy kids, her husband and two dogs. She lives in southwest Ohio with her brood although her dream is to someday retire to St. Maarten and live on the beach.

If you’d like to find out more about Sharon and her books, you can visit her at her website. She’s addicted to social networking so you can find her on Facebook and Twitter. Friend her! Like her! Follow her! She’d love to hang out with you and talk about her passion—books.

 

 

 

The Notorious Lady Anne (On Sale Now):

Nicholas Addison, celebrated captain of the Blackwell Shipping Fleet, has agreed to take Mrs. Emmaline Sutherland aboard the Pride and ferry the raven-haired beauty across the Atlantic on what he imagines will be a routine trip. But when the ship is attacked by pirates, the seemingly innocent passenger is revealed to be none other than the infamous marauder Lady Anne, whose name strikes fear in the hearts of sailors everywhere—and whose seductive wiles commandeers Nicholas’s affections.
 
Lady Anne, a legend of the high seas, has spent the last eleven years plotting revenge against her father, the owner of Blackwell Shipping. She’s targeted the Pride in hopes of plundering its captain’s company secrets. But beneath her fierce courage and bitter determination, Anne has the delicate heart of a woman—a heart that cannot help falling for Nicholas. Now Anne must make a difficult choice: bring down Blackwell or surrender to love.

 

20 comments:

  1. Hi, Sharon and D. We ended the day together, laughing really hard at things that wouldn't be funny to anyone else. It doesn't get much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. It's those kind of moments that make the memories.

      Delete
  2. *Waves* Hi Sharon. Oh that is heaven. Being unleashed in a bookstore. Well, one that offers coffee.

    That's usually my Mother's Day treat!

    :)
    Bobbi Romans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was heaven. I ended up buying a Julia London book. Now I can't wait to read it.

      Delete
  3. Most of the time my husband has to work so the ideal Valentines day was being with him. I'm STILL looking for your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerri - We're like that too. Yesterday was the first Valentine's Day in forever that we didn't have to work.

      You can find Lady Anne at any fine online retailer :-)

      Delete
  4. My husband finally starting to get well after a month of serious illness has been a wonderful Valentine's Day gift for me. But he did manage a lunch out for the first time and that was wonderful too!

    Jacqueline Seewald
    TEA LEAVES AND TAROT CARDS--now in all ebook formats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline - I'm so sorry for your husband's illness and so glad that he was well enough to go out to lunch. I can really relate. My husband suffered a traumatic brain injury in May 2011. We are still dealing with the consequences but its wonderful to have him back with me.

      Prayers and thoughts to you and your husband. Remember to take care of yourself too!

      Delete
  5. LOL, Sharon! My husband tells me I'm a cheap date, too. We usually do dinner-and-a-movie dates - nothing fancy. He surprised me (and bebe) with roses yesterday, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Roses. How sweet. Yellow roses are my favorite. See, I'm not even traditional in that either!

      Delete
  6. I think your ideal Valentine's date and present sounds pretty perfect to me too, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Cait! It's my most favorite-ist thing to do :-)

      Delete
  7. The hubby and I always exchange gifts. Nothing much, and we always buy a little box of candy for the kids. This year I got a caramel and chocolate dipped apple and my favorite dark chocolate raspberry truffles with a card. Then we sit and watch a few shows on T.V. and visit with the kids. Nothing fancy for us, but this weekend we will make red velvet pancakes and pink chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast :)

    Your book sounds fabulous, Sharon!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh. Red velvet pancakes. Now that sounds delicious.

      Delete
  8. We never do much other than to say Happy Valentine's Day to each other, usually from different continents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually my husband and I are the same way. Well, not the continent thing :-)

      Delete
  9. Usually my hubby cooks dinner. That's about all we do on VDay. We're going out to dinner on Sunday night with the kids, though.

    Congrats, Sharon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara. I don't think my husband knows how to cook dinner

      Delete
  10. Your book sounds delightful, Sharon. Best of luck with it. As for Valentine's Day, even though my husband preferred green plants, he always brought me live flowers on VDay--because he knew I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Barbara! Your husband sounds like a keeper :-)

    ReplyDelete