Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sneak Peek Sunday--A Cowboy to Keep

 
 
 

 
 
From my new releases, A Cowboy to Keep in the heroine, Laney's POV:
 
“But then, I’m sure you know all about being too young.” Dottie fluttered her perfect scarlet nails. “Oh, dear. I’m making a mess of this. I’m just saying they probably shouldn’t spend a lot of time alone together, if you know what I mean.”
“I understand perfectly,” Laney said. Her insides went cold for a moment. She felt as frozen as a snowwoman. “But since my son is only thirteen years old, I don’t think your daughter is in any danger of losing her innocence anytime soon.”
“Oh, I didn’t mean to imply—”
“That’s exactly what you meant,” Laney interrupted. “You were insinuating Justin is trashy like his mother. Poor breeding runs in the family, isn’t that what you’re saying? Well, I have news for you. I fell in love with Wyatt at eight years old when I met him at my first 4-H meeting. He’s the only man I’ve ever wanted. And yes, we made love way too young, but I wouldn’t change any of it. I worshiped him then, and I still do. I’ll never find anyone who can fill his boots. So if you’re concerned Justin is like his mother, your daughter would be lucky to have him. Because Ellis love is deep and true and forever.”
Because her voice had raised several octaves, Laney didn’t realize someone had come in. Only the look on Dottie’s face alerted her. Laney looked over her shoulder into the mortified faces of Justin and Amber Lyn, who stood like a steel post next to him, her big blue eyes wide. Behind them, Rayanne and Luke stared at her like she was a bug on a board. But it was the cool, cynical eyes of Cody she wanted to shrink away from.
  
 



Keep hopping!
35.

4 comments:

  1. Great excerpt, D'Ann! I really felt for Laney from start to finish. I want to see more of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great excerpt--makes me want to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, D'Ann... Loved excerpt. I want to read more and can't wait until I get a spare moment to do so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for Laney for standing up for herself! Sounds like she's had a lot of heartache which makes her getting a HEA just a bit sweeter! Can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete