Monday, June 3, 2013

New Adult New Release--Hidden

My friend and fellow Coloradan, has a NA book releasing in July. Isn't that cover Fab??? Read on for the deets!
 
 

HIDDEN – A Hiding From Love Novel

New Adult Contemporary Romance

 

Nick Carlisle comes to Hawaii to hide—from what happened during his service in Afghanistan, from relationships, from his future. Lyndsey Anderson came to Hawaii to hide too—from the man who abused her, from the sacrifices she made, from her dark past. But when Nick meets Lyndsey, Hawaii gets a whole lot hotter, and they find they can’t hide their hearts. As Nick fights to come to terms with what he’s done, Lyndsey struggles to forgive herself for the choices she’s made. But when the dangerous past threatens the beautiful present, can they survive to learn how to love? And who will finally reveal what’s hidden?
 
Selena Laurence – BIO LONG
I’m a wife, and a mom, and some would say a generally all-around nice person who woke up one day and realized that a) life wasn’t getting any longer, and b) the only thing I really liked to do was write and read Romance fiction. It was a lifelong tendency that started with books like PRIDE AND PREJUDICE when I was a teen, and continued in college when I would sit in the library and read Harlequins instead of studying for finals (OK, that part wasn’t terribly smart). Over the years I filled my need for romance by getting married (Mr. Laurence has a romantic streak hidden in there somewhere), watching soap operas, and dreaming about all sorts of improbable stories.
When I finally gave in to my obsession, I sat down (many times) at the local coffee shop, and wrote a book. The book was terrible, and I put it away, never to be seen again – seriously, never again. But eventually, with critique partners, beta readers, and a workshop or ten I found my rhythm and started publishing books.  Now, I spend hours and hours every day writing New Adult and Contemporary romances, drinking coffee, and trying to figure out how to get someone else to clean my house (that part’s not going so well).
I live in Colorado with my kids and Mr. L., and one very spoiled Goldendoodle. He pops up in my books every once in a while. I love to hear from readers, so don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter, and feel free to email me, Tweet or Facebook any time! www.selenalaurence.com

25 comments:

  1. LOve that title because, of course, it makes you wonder... Congratulations on your new release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the cover - so smexy! And the blurb makes me wanna drop everything and go have a read-fest. :D

    Congrats on the new release, Selena - hope you sell a million!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your support, Kristina!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic cover. Best of luck with the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Daryl! Please stop by my website sometime and take a look at more about it!

      Delete
  4. Sexy cover! Looks like a great beach read! Congrats on your coming release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna! And you're right, it is the perfect beach read :) Happy Summer!

      Delete
  5. Loving the cover and the sexy blurb! Congrats on your release :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christine! Make sure to stop by my website sometime and read some teasers!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda! If you're a Goodreads member you can find it there and put it in your "To Be Read" shelf. :)

      Delete
  7. I admit, this book has enticed me to try NA now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Sheri! It's a rapidly growing genre, so you'll find lots of variety in NA. Enjoy the new experiences!

      Delete
  8. So now we'll get an answer to that question, "What IS NA, anyway?" LOL And from the blurb, it sounds like a terrific answer, Selena. Best of luck with the book. Barb Bettis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Barbara! NA is a lot of fun. Stop by my website sometime and you'll find out more about it, plus you can read some teasers from Hidden :)

      Delete
  9. Love the cover! NA is the newest "it" genre and certainly getting a lot of press!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! You're right it's "it" right now, and genres go in and out of prominence, but I think as NA grows and develops it will become a regular fixture just as YA has. :)

      Delete
  10. Wow! Beautiful cover. I've never read NA before. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sharon! And please do try out some NA. It's a rapidly expanding genre, so you'll find a lot of variation. Enjoy!

      Delete
  11. It's beautiful! Man D'Ann, you're going to explode my TBR pile even more with all these cover reveals you're hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. D'Ann: Thanks so very much for hosting my cover reveal! I loved having so many comments to respond to. You've got great readers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cover! Sounds like a sexy read!!

    ReplyDelete