Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Day in the Life of Me!

This week on the Wranglers, we're all talking about a day in the life of...us!




I have kinda a dull life, so not sure this is going to excite anyone. But here goes...




I don't think this is news to anyone, but I live on a small farm with a whole lotta animals! Usually, around 8:00, I roll out of bed and make myself coffee before I do anything. I like those mixes that aren't really coffee and not really water...kind of hot candy. But I like them, and I need one before I can get my eyes open.




Checking email and blogs is next. Then the dreaded Facebook. Once the Facebook page opens, it stays open all day. I belong to a group called Horse Trails and Camping Across America. There is little drama there and a lot of beautiful horses and places to ride there. I love it, and if I get stressed, it usually calms me to go over there and dream about all those places I'd like to ride.




Stressed?




Why stressed?




Yeah, sometimes even an indie author has a deadline. Self-imposed, of course.




Right now, I'm fighting to finish what will end around 90K. I'm at 45K, so halfway! Yay!




I work on my books anywhere from about 10:30-3:00 in the afternoon.




Right now, I have 10 hungry horses waiting for me, and also 6 dogs, for their breakfast. That takes about an hour in the winter. Breaking ice is not fun, but sometimes I brainstorm while I wait for the tanks to fill.




I usually fit in a walk or water aerobics in the afternoon or early evening and another set of chores, then more writing.




I live the life!

30 comments:

  1. I would not want to trade places with you :) Despite my grandparents having a small farm in East Texas, I'm too much of a city girl or suburbs. I'm swamped with just dealing with three kids, a husband, and a house - I don't think I could add all the work you do. I'm glad you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has their own workload. Three kids would send me into meltdown! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful life, D'Ann :) I love your books so I'm happy for the hours you spend writing! And I love the pics you post of your animals! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have kids and a computer nagging at me throughout the day . . . can't imagine adding so many animals to the mix, too! :-) But you obviously enjoy it, and I can see how that would be good for allowing ideas to percolate. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's why your books are realistic. You live what you write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find your life very interesting. Being a city girl, I believe it's wonderful to live close to nature and work with animals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder really, how many readers think we authors lead such glamorous lives LOL, when really, we're normal, sometimes a little underwhelming with the things we do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are living the dream - you live out in the country with animals - how more wonderful could that get. You are working out to improve your health AND you're writing a new book. You go, girl!
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. D'Ann, your life sounds wonderful--and in ways, so much like mine. To many, my life sounds boring, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do wild horses drink water in the bitter cold. Stomp on ice? Or lick snow?

    And I have to tell you, your back ground makes me feel unsafe and in prison. No wonder you feel stressed.

    I need to take Jess out, but it's raining. blah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Liza, wild horses would drink like that, and I'm sorry you don't like my background.

      Delete
  10. It sounds wonderful, D'Ann. I only have 3 cats, but in the morning they feel like more. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. D'Ann, if you live in those Colorado mountains; they're gorgeous. When I go to Colorado to visit family I love to hike the trails in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pic is outside of my hometown. I love to trailride in the mts!

      Delete
  12. I wish I lived someplace where I could have many dogs. Right now we have two, but I would love to add more. If I could I would adopt every stray dog out there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your animals sound like fun. I'm sure that they keep you busy. Do you try to ride every day? Congrats on putting some time into your day for water aerobics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ride very little in the winter...it's just too icky.

      Delete
  14. My sister-in-law is right there with you about her animals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd trade 10 hungry horses with you for 2 demanding colonels any day....LOL

    I'd love to have animals. But I traded the farm life in when I married my city slicker husband...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll keep the horses, too, Sara!

      Delete