Sunday, August 3, 2014

Áine P. Massie Blood Marked




Hello ladies and gents, Áine here. Let me start by thanking D’Ann Lindun for graciously allowing me to take over her site for this special event.

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s418/apmassie/HM-covers/BloodMarked-cover-chbb_zps6d1788e1.jpg

Blood Marked

(The House Millar series, Book 2)

by Áine P Massie

With their romance only beginning to take root, the trio, Anya, Nicholas and Declán set forth to enrich their fledgling relationship. Having survived the explosive consummation should have set forth a downtime of sorts, instead, near death tragedies strike all around.

That should have been the worst of it, but toss the green-eyed monster of jealousy and all bets are off that anyone will survive the fire consuming them all.

Can Anya protect her lovers, find peace within herself, and lead the House Millar from tragedy to peace? Or will those waiting in the wings to strike them down win?

Come take a walk with our loving family and witness the strange turns and twists as life, love, and passions collide with greed, politics, and evil.


http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s418/apmassie/HM-featheredpaper_zps316c2ac5.png

I’ll begin by letting you into a little of my life... one of my fondest childhood memoires, and so I will offer you each a virtual bowl of pineapple sherbet, a comfy seat, and a warm blanket to curl up in while you ‘listen’ to me ramble a bit.

When I was little I spent a lot of time sick. Both of my parents worked so when I was ill I spent most of my time with my maternal grandparents. For me, this was wonderful. I loved my Mimi and Grandy dearly. I didn’t enjoy being sick but there was nothing I could do about that, lol.

My Mimi was a strong willed woman that indulged me. Ok, read that as spoiled… I can remember being curled up between my Mimi and Grandy, eating pineapple sherbet – her favourite, I believe – watching Dallas and Falcon Crest. I don’t remember a thing about the weird, “Grown-up” shows but rather the feelings of being loved, protected, and included by those I loved.

Little bits and pieces of things they taught me are scattered throughout the House Millar series. Everything from where I got the name Millar (my maternal grandfathers second middle name) to the idea that caring for and protecting others, especially those weaker, is important. You may not see that from a little sherbet, but believe me, feeling safe and loved is the greatest gift anyone can receive. They did that for me, and my parents provided me the opportunity to learn and receive those gifts, while providing for and protecting me.

I tried to include some of those qualities in Star, Anya ‘mom’ in the series. I hope you can see the care and love, even without the sherbet. Now Star is not in as much of Blood Marked as she was in Blood’s Voice, but when she is, she’s all about what’s best for her adoptive daughter and her House. The vampires, hunters, and other immortals in the House Millar world are nothing like what most expect. I hope you’ll take a chance on a different breed of fanged and check out Blood Marked!

*Also, Blood’s Voice is on sale this month, in honour of Blood Marked’s release!

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s418/apmassie/HM-promo/BV-BMbookmark_zpscd34e5f4.png

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s418/apmassie/post%20stuff/give.png


http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s418/apmassie/post%20stuff/about.png

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s418/apmassie/HM-promo/Aine-gray_zpsd3adf230.jpgÁine P Massie is originally from Florida, she now lives in Wisconsin, where she works on her House Millar series full-time while raising four children (the term herding cats comes to mind). Her major in College was Childhood Education (specializing in ages zero to five) with a minor study in Deaf Culture/ASL. She is also a Wiccan priestess dedicated to the gods, family, and love.

Áine is a proud member of the Rom-Critters, the Romance Writers of America®, Celtic Hearts Romance Writers, and Rainbow Romance Writers. Áine has always had a particular fascination with vampires, mythology, and the unusual. When she can escape from her children and books, she enjoys... oh yes, reading, playing, ritual, a good cappuccino, and working with her healing stones.

Her first published work came in high school where she was part of a writing and drama group. However, she’s been reading the likes of Shakespeare and Poe since late elementary school and enjoys most forms of fiction.



 

9 comments:

  1. I love the green on the cover. It's always nice to hear about close relationships with grandparents. My grandma was my best friend. :)

    I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover art! The style is Venetian masks and they are beautiful and exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great covers! I have to ask...AINE -- is that pronounced AHN-YAH? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....There is an eye catcher! Also great post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cover! Tell the artist five stars just for the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy....this cover is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete